Chaotic Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaotic Legion

Our guild is based out of Starke, Florida. This is a place for us to talk about warhammer online.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Server list and pick.

Go down 
+6
Nissu
Rehpotsirhc
Aeaolena
Luminous
Rekirts
gulgon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
gulgon
Warlord
gulgon

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Server list and pick. Empty
PostSubject: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:00 pm

Ok so i thought i posted but maybe not... Vortex will be our server if something is wrong with it Gorfang will be the next in line. Id rather roll on Vortex though cause it will be less populated at first.
Back to top Go down
Rekirts
Grunt
Rekirts

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:29 pm

I just hope everyone picks the same server this time lol
Back to top Go down
Luminous
Peon
Luminous

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:49 pm

I must have missed the info somewhere, but can someone explain to me the differences in server types?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/renegadefolkhero
gulgon
Warlord
gulgon

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:51 pm

core is regular open is pvp all the time... like in your pve areas you can get ganked etc.

Last edited by gulgon on Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rekirts
Grunt
Rekirts

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:53 pm

The first one we're calling just Open RvR. In that ruleset, other than killing newbies, if you can see an enemy, you can kill an enemy. It is not consentual. They do not have to flag themselves. They do not have to do anything other than sit there and be a target for you. You can go out and happily slaughter Stunties wherever you can find them. Disembowel Dark Elfs, and do other nasty things to Greenskins. So that's number one.

Number 2. Right now called the Core Ruleset. That one is the rule-set where similar to the open ruleset, you cannot kill newbies, cause that's just wrong. Then within the PvE protected zones, or areas, or chapters, we're going to use different things to describe them. The moment an enemy enters into them, that enemy is flagged for RvR. You cannot unflag yourself. The moment you cross into the PvE zone you become a target for anything that is attuned to that realm. If you want to engage in PvP you can with other players, but there it does have to be consentual. Within the RvR areas you cannot unflag yourself, you are always flagged. Within the neutral area, we're talking about that. Will it be safe, will it not be safe. That's one the things we've got to look at. The thing is when you are PvEing in a protected zone, it is always consentual. A neutral area for example might be when you have to cross to a PvE area but both sides use it. It's not for hunting, maybe it's a bridge, maybe it's a road. But that's what we're looking at. it might be consentual it might not. The takeaway is, safe PvE, consentual PvP, and no flagging in RvR areas.

The third one we're going to do, is an RP server. We had them in Camelot and we'll have them here. This will be a standard ruleset for now. However during the during beta we will be doing more polls, more posting and take the temperature of the players and if there is a lot of support for an Open RvR RP rule-set or there isn't as much support for core rule-set RP server, we'll make the appropriate changes. We want to give the players what they want, not what they all want. There are some players as you know who want an FFA server. Right now that's not in our plans. But maybe a year down the road, if players really wanted it, if there was support there and we could make ruleset adjustments to make it work, we would consider it.

But the jist of all that since you read it by now is :

Core
- Enemy factions can only attack each other if both players are flagged for PvP
- Players are automatically flagged for PvP upon entering RvR areas or enemy PvE areas
- Players can choose to turn their flag on at anytime

Open RvR
- All players are constantly flagged for PvP, even in areas that are normally for PvE

Core RP
- Just like the Core server, only players are expected to roleplay their characters
Back to top Go down
Rekirts
Grunt
Rekirts

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:53 pm

Damn you jason for the ninja post while I was doing mine~
Back to top Go down
gulgon
Warlord
gulgon

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:58 pm

Ninja!
Back to top Go down
gulgon
Warlord
gulgon

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 3:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garwyn
Mark, I know rolling out servers sequentially may help you guys, but between the CE, the headstart, and then release folks, I'm worried how people are going to organize their guilds getting together on a server. The CE and headstart people may have to simply forgo anything they do those first few days if the servers fill up and late arriving guildmates can't log on, requiring everyone to reroll onto a newly opened server. Any thoughts? If all the servers are opened up at once, it will allow the CE folks to spread out a little bit, but even that is not a sure thing. These server/realm queues really have wondering how to manage server selection.

Well, we are certainly not going to open all the servers that we have racked when the HS begins, that would be a huge mistake as lots of people could get stuck on servers that might not have a lot of people on them for weeks. It's a tough balancing act. We are certainly going to open extra servers at launch and population cap them initially (so the lowbie areas aren't filled to the brim) and then raise the cap to allow more people to get on after people start tiering up.

I wish I could say that there was a simple solution but there isn't. We can do things to try to help the problem but even allowing people to freely transfer between servers won't eliminate the problem totally and then could create another problem itself. Even with a moving pop cap, there is still the chance that people might not be able to get on to a server with a friends if that server is full. We'll just have to see how things play out and react accordingly.

Mark

With that being said... we might not be on Vortex or Gorfang...
Back to top Go down
Aeaolena
Berserker
Aeaolena

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:16 pm

Gah, that sucks.

So basically, we wouldn't know *for sure* what server we could all physically get into until the day of the true-release?

Is that what this means?
Back to top Go down
gulgon
Warlord
gulgon

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:23 pm

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Rehpotsirhc
Grunt

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 3:48 pm

Damn.
Back to top Go down
Nissu
Berserker
Nissu

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:33 pm

suck less jason.

jk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sarahkristen7
Aeaolena
Berserker
Aeaolena

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:33 pm

Alright, I have an idea.

Alot of folks are going to play during the head start, I know I am.

If the choice is made by Jason to switch servers after that two day headstart because the server is locked and most of our folks can't play with us.. I'm perfectly okay with that too.

However...

I am volunteering to just go buy 15 or so of those 99c Target head start things. I know some people don't have ready access to a Target without driving an hour, especially those from Starke. I don't mind throwing down 15 or 20 dollars if it will help balm confusion later on.

Once I get the packs, I can just e-mail the promotion codes. That way everyone has the opportunity to be set-up to play during the Head Start phase.. at the very least, everyone can log on to the picked server and create a character to reduce the chance that anyone is locked out. Hell, I'll even log in your account and make a placeholder character for you. You get your name, I keep your first born.. it's all good.

I'll make another post with this idea, see if anyone wants to take me up on it. I know most of you slackers don't read every reply on the boards.
Back to top Go down
Nissu
Berserker
Nissu

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:39 pm

Im confused.. I thought anyone who pre-ordered the game got to start the game early..thats what Rekirts told me..or is that just on the 16th before the game is set for release?? Are we talkign Head Start for Beta?

arrghh

explain!
Back to top Go down
Pricky/Gorlung/Kiani
Grunt
Pricky/Gorlung/Kiani

Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:51 pm

People that pre-ordered the CE of the game get to start on Sunday the 14th, while the other pre-orders all get to start on the 15th and head start lasts through the 16th
Back to top Go down
Nissu
Berserker
Nissu

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:18 pm

Pricky/Gorlung/Kiani wrote:
People that pre-ordered the CE of the game get to start on Sunday the 14th, while the other pre-orders all get to start on the 15th and head start lasts through the 16th

oh ok.. then im good. we ordered ours from GameStop.. and I guess Rekirts said we got all those codes and crap. .I didn't know. heh. im a noob.
Back to top Go down
Seirak
Peon
Seirak

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Allot of people seem to be really worried about the servers getting capped and not being able to get everyone on the same server.

Relax take a deap breath, everything is going to be okay...

If you played the preview weekend you most likely noticed that they were capping server when they first came out and later in the weekend raised the cap so others could join.

The guys have really done their homework and have planned out in great detail many aspects of how they are releasing the game.

Plan for the best, if for some reason it does turn out for the worst we will re-roll, without a second thought... Goal here is to get everyone playing together.
Back to top Go down
greeneggroll
Grunt
greeneggroll

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:14 pm

seirak dont tell me ur joining warhammer?
Back to top Go down
gerabic
Grunt
gerabic

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:37 pm

I think most everyone has the CE or atleast everyone i know.
Back to top Go down
Nissu
Berserker
Nissu

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:43 pm

greeneggroll wrote:
seirak dont tell me ur joining warhammer?

lol! afro
Back to top Go down
gerabic
Grunt
gerabic

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:26 am

*cry*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server list and pick.   Server list and pick. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server list and pick.
Page 1 of 1