Chaotic Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaotic Legion

Our guild is based out of Starke, Florida. This is a place for us to talk about warhammer online.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

2 gigs of ram

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeaolena
Berserker
Aeaolena

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-28

2 gigs of ram Empty
PostSubject: 2 gigs of ram   2 gigs of ram Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:29 am

I know some folks have been having issues with 1 gig of ram or less.

If your planning to upgrade, my PC has 2 gigs and it runs WAR just fine.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Rehpotsirhc
Grunt

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-29

2 gigs of ram Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 gigs of ram   2 gigs of ram Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:42 am

With only the game running, it's chewing up about 1.9GB on my PC, so I wouldn't recommend playing with anything less than 2GB.

My other PC only has 1GB, and it runs like crap because it's constantly caching.

Perhaps Mythic could get some memory management pointers from Blizzard.
Back to top Go down
Exodus
Grunt
Exodus

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-08-31

2 gigs of ram Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 gigs of ram   2 gigs of ram Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:01 pm

Did you notice the polygon count difference, and texture quality in this game though? I mean it looks better than wow, so it's going to take up more resources. I agree though, I don't think it's all that optimized yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marshallhall777
Rehpotsirhc
Grunt

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-29

2 gigs of ram Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 gigs of ram   2 gigs of ram Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:41 pm

Yeah it def looks better than WoW, and it should! I'm glad it's not "too much", that turns me off because it becomes tiresome to look at. I don't think it's overly graphically intensive though. My old graphics card handles it fine with HQ settings. It's the content and how the game is managing the system memory that seems to be the problem...at least in my case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2 gigs of ram Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 gigs of ram   2 gigs of ram Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 gigs of ram
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaotic Legion  :: Members Area-
Jump to: