Chaotic Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaotic Legion

Our guild is based out of Starke, Florida. This is a place for us to talk about warhammer online.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

head start

Go down 
+2
Nissu
Rehpotsirhc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rehpotsirhc
Grunt

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-29

head start Empty
PostSubject: head start   head start Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:52 pm

The head start and server selection conflict was discussed by a few of us on Monday, and I'd like to repeat that here so that everyone knows what's going on.

The way Jason explained it to me, and correct me if I'm wrong Jason, was that for the different head starts (CE on the 14th, and reg-Preorder on the 16th) they're going to open up select servers on the 14th and then population cap them, and then do the same thing on the 16th.

So the problem with the head start is that unless everyone that is playing has the exactly same head start, then it's likely that we will end up with people on different servers - not what we want with a group our size.

Personally, I won't be starting myself until the evening of the 19th. I'm not worried though, because I can always get someone, like Aeao said, to log in for me and make my char. But I'm worried about everyone else, like even a weeks after the official start.

So do the head starters mind re-rolling on another server after a couple days if we have to? If not, then the whole idea of getting everyone together is going to fall apart if/when they lock the servers.

-Sirhc
Back to top Go down
Nissu
Berserker
Nissu

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-08-26

head start Empty
PostSubject: Re: head start   head start Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:59 pm

OMG that's gay.

So basically, what your saying is, everyone who has head-start , will pretty much need to pick the same day to actually start, Or will have to start over once everyone else can play?

Rekirts and I have Head start on the 16th just anf FYI, so its out there. we have the regular copies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sarahkristen7
Rehpotsirhc
Grunt

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-29

head start Empty
PostSubject: Re: head start   head start Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:14 am

That's what we're thinking, hence the problem.

Christa and I also have the regular head start on the 16th, as should Aeao.

-Sirhc
Back to top Go down
Exodus
Grunt
Exodus

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-08-31

head start Empty
PostSubject: Re: head start   head start Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:30 am

I dont' see any servers getting capped from the headstart, if that does happen I am more than willing to reroll. The only reason I am playing WAR is because it's going to be everyone back together playing. So I am 100% willing, but I don't think it will come to that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marshallhall777
Nissu
Berserker
Nissu

Number of posts : 51

head start Empty
PostSubject: Re: head start   head start Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:36 am

Exodus wrote:
I dont' see any servers getting capped from the headstart, if that does happen I am more than willing to reroll. The only reason I am playing WAR is because it's going to be everyone back together playing. So I am 100% willing, but I don't think it will come to that.

McLovin for President 08'
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sarahkristen7
Aeaolena
Berserker
Aeaolena

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-28

head start Empty
PostSubject: Re: head start   head start Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:37 am

Everything that I wanted to say, Marshall just said.

It's like he took the words out of my mouth.

First he steals my wife, now he steals my sentences Sad
Back to top Go down
Aeaolena
Berserker
Aeaolena

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-28

head start Empty
PostSubject: Re: head start   head start Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:37 am

Oh well, I'm still open to getting everyone Head Start codes just so more folks can screw around on the 16th with us. Offer still stands.
Back to top Go down
gulgon
Warlord
gulgon

Number of posts : 49

head start Empty
PostSubject: Re: head start   head start Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:28 am

Thats pretty much whats gonna happen..... as I was saying me and kev can start on the 14th but the problem is they arent opening all the servers.. just a few, so if everyone that has the ce only has a few servers to pick from........ All of there friends are gonna wanna play with them thus capping those servers quickly. More servers open up on the 16th and then the rest on the 18th. Stupid imo!!
Back to top Go down
gerabic
Grunt
gerabic

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-09-03

head start Empty
PostSubject: Re: head start   head start Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:57 pm

I agree with marshall the worst case we have to reroll. Its not going to be the head start that makes us bad ass its going to be the fact that we are all together. If we can work it so we can all start on the same server so much the better. Like marshall said i dont think the servers are going to get capped from the start. Also i am sure that they are going to unlock/lock them as need be. So if you some how miss it ( the train ) then i am sure they will open back up just might have to wait a little. I can't see a mmo working if they cant make it where everyone can play with there friends. I am sure they are going to have some kinda of way to make so you can play with your friends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

head start Empty
PostSubject: Re: head start   head start Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

head start
Page 1 of 1